Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Juanito's Wish Project

Today marks 8 weeks since I lost my sweet little boy and I have finally decided that I am going to jump head first into his project. I had mentioned in an earlier post about 2 rural hospitals that did not have any programs set up for families that lose their babies too soon. My mom happens to be materials manager at one of those hospitals. They are amazing places but they just have not been educated in how to handle these situations or what types of things they can do for these families. So through my experience with loosing Juan my mom has been able to take the first steps in getting something going. It's a start, but not quite enough. This is where Juanito's Wish Project is going to come into effect. I have decided to put together memory boxes my mom can have on hand to give these grieving families. I want to be able to include various items in each box that the family can keep as rememberances for their sweet angel. I really want this to be an on-going project for the hospital my mom work's at. I think this is something that my sweet boy would have wanted me to do. I miss him so much and I really want to do good in his name.

Update:
I've received a couple of emails asking if they can help in any way. I guess donations would be awesome. 100% of the money will go towards making these boxes. You can contact me at jymr05@juno.com and we can work something out. Thank you so much for all your kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment