Thursday, March 18, 2010

A fresh start

It's official . We have decided to put the house of the market and move. We both are from small towns and living in the city has finally got to us. I think it has taken us loosing Juanito to realize that life is so fragile and it can change in the blink of an eye. We want more for our kids. We want to give them opportunities that they won't have here. So the plan is that we will freshen up all the paint in the house and put it on the market. I don't see it selling for awhile, so I'm going to get 1 more year of teaching in and then we make the big move. We want to go down to Mexico for awhile and spend time with Juan's family. It has been 11 years since he has been home and it is time. He needs to spend some time with his grandma before it is too late. We also want the kids to live another culture. Their culture. See what life is like in other parts of the world. I have taken all 3 down there to meet the family and they loved it, but they have not lived it.
We then have decided to come and make our home in the town I grew up in. I am so excited to be able to make these transitions. I have always been afraid of what would happen if I left my job, but that's no more. I can't be afraid of the unknown. I just need to live life and give God the chance to show me the way. He is the only one who knows how thinks will turn out. I really feel at peace with this decision. I feel like it is what we are supposed to do. Life just has a way of taking control of itself and the less we fight the better it will be.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path. Proverbs 3:5-6

4 comments:

  1. I remember we were afraid of moving too, buying our first house. After Jenna died, it's like the worst had been met and there was nothing left to fear. We ended up moving within a couple of months. I am so glad for you on these plans, I think it is wonderful that you and your husband are wanting more for your kids. Praying that all the transitions go smoothly. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear that you are at peace with your decisions. I think it is great when a couple can come together and make such tough decisions and agree. God will continue to guide you. I hope everything works out for you. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you as you make these changes, and I will pray that all goes as seamlessly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a small town girl and I told my hubby that we can never move in town b/c I love country living so much. I'm excited for this new step for your family! Hoping all transitions well!

    ReplyDelete