Thursday, April 1, 2010

I survived

Tuesday was a very rough day for me, but I made it. We arrived at the hospital around noon and I got all checked in. I was really nercous for this surgery. I had never really had a serious surgery on my head before and I was really nervous for this particular one. There were so many things that could go wrong and leave me in a bad situation. Believe it or not I was also very vervous that my urine test would come back positve for being pregnant and I wouldn't be able to go through with tings. Of all things to have been nervous about that should have been the least of my worries. Thinking abot it now, I would have loved them coming back to me to tell me they couldn't proceed because we were going to have a baby....

Anyway that didn't happen, so we proceeded with the careful removal of infection from the air sacs in my mastoid bone. Surgery took about 2 hours. A little longer than the doctor expected, but he feels like he was able to get everything.As I was waking up in recovery I was hit by the most excruciating pain. I had never felt anything like it before in my life. I was also very disappointed. When I had tubes placed in my ears in January I woke up to my sweet little angel Juanito holding my hand. I so desperately wanted to see him again after this procedure, but he was not there. I only saw the blurred face of my nurse trying so hard to control my pain.



The pain did not ease and I was forced to spend the night on Med/Surg. I was really embarrassed. I felt like such a wimp. I cried out of shear embarrassment, then pain, then more embarrassment and so on. They gave me morphine every 2 hours through the night and then we moved to percocet 10's in the morning. The pain had finally subsided enough that I was discharged around 1:30 yesterday afternoon.

Today has been a little better, but I am still hurting more than I ever thought I would. I can deal with it though. I still need to go in and have the right side done. Once I do that we will be able to start trying again. I am so scared and nervous for what the future will hold for us, but I know that we will be ok and we can deal with anything that is thrown our way.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle, I am so sorry. I hope your pain subsides and you get to feeling all better soon! Thinking of you, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get feeling better soon! I too am scared for what the future holds. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! I hope that you are starting to feel better! Just wanted to let you know that you won my first giveaway!! Contact me at megan@projectsweetpeas.com and let me know which awareness bracelet that you would like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you start feeling better soon, I am praying for you ((HUGS)).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending healing prayers your way....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been praying for your continued recovery and lots of peace as you move forward...I know it's scary, but you aren't alone!!! :)

    ReplyDelete