Thursday, April 8, 2010

Juanito's Plaque


Well it's been ordered and should be here within a couple of weeks, just in time for Memorial Day. We haven't been able to do it so my sweet parents did it for us. They have been wanting to do something for Juan and I for awhile now, but I couldn't think of anything they could go other than listen to me when I need to talk. Then out of the blue my mom calls and says it has been ordered and we will have it in time to put up at the cemetery for Memorial Day. We are also planning on planting a tree in his honor at my parents house that same weekend.

Wow this makes it so real. Instead of having a newborn in my arms that weekend I will have a plaque to look at. Somehow it doesn't seem fair. Shouldn't it be my children placing flowers on my grave not me on theirs? This is so not right!!!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful - how sweet that your parents wanted to do something so precious for you and Juanito.That is such a wonderful gesture and I know it makes you feel so loved. God Bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna's marker made it real for me too, in it's own way. It definitely made visiting her SO much harder. I couldn't go for a while, then somehow the aversion became a consolation. I am so sorry. I think that's so sweet of your parents to do, my parents did the same thing for us. You can read my post about it here:
    http://www.handprintsfromheaven.org/2009/09/name-in-ground.html

    I drew her marker too. My dad insisted that when she turned five he would buy her a pony (and he really would have!) the pony became sort of a symbol to remember her by... one the many :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet of your parents to do that. The plaque is lovely. I was so excited to get my babies bench in and then when it came all I could do is cry. It made it real for me to see their names on it. The only way I could describe it at the time was that it was all permanent. I couldn't change anything or go back in time. It is all so hard. I love the idea of planting a tree for Juanito. We have an oak tree at my babies memorial site and a hydrangea tree at our house. I know watching a tree grow is not the same as watching our children grow, but it is something beautiful planted in memory of them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plaque is beautiful. Thinking of you. Kappy

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a precious thing for your parents to do. I agree though so not fair! Why do our babies go before us? I am so sorry for your loss! Sending prayers and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plaque is wonderful and they did a good job at picking it out. Having Carleigh's headstone finally up was actually a great day for me because I had been waiting many months for it. I was tired of seeing an empty space that didn't tell the whole world she was there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RIP little juanito, those sweet precious hands i could kiss them right through this computer they are so adorable... :'(

    ReplyDelete