Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My blood is boiling right now...............

Mother charged after leaving 13-month-old son alone for days
April 13th, 2010 @ 10:20am

SALT LAKE CITY -- Prosecutors have filed charges against a Salt Lake City woman for allegedly leaving her 13-month-old son alone for days, the Deseret News reports.

Police were called back in November to the woman's apartment near 700 South and 900 West after her landlord heard crying. They went inside and found the baby by himself on the floor. They say each room was littered with food and garbage.

Officers waited for three hours, but nobody returned for the child.

Prosecutors say the mother, Jacqueline Lyneetr Vides, finally admitted that she had last seen her boy two days before he was found.

Sunday, they filed a child abandonment charge against Vides, a third-degree felony.


I just read this story on KSL.com and my jaw dropped to the floor!!!

How could anybody do that? Really? See it's things like this that really upset me. My baby would never have been left alone and especially not for 3 friggen days!!!! I just wish I had a greater understanding of why people who do not want babies or care about their babies get them and those of us who want them more than anything in the world and we have the means to care for them properly are left empty handed and broken hearted. It is just not fair. I wish I could take that little one into my arms and hold him and protect him from that awful person who calls herself his mom!!! She has no idea!!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't understand how someone could leave their child like that. Don't understand it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear stories like this all the time. It is SO awful and breaks my heart. It is so unfair. I just don't understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hateb hearing stories like that too. I actually know someone who was left for over a week when they were about 2. they only survived because they were eating the dogs food. It is so horrible. People like that should not be aloud to have kids.

    ReplyDelete