Friday, May 14, 2010

Juanito's Afghan


When I got home from work yesterday there was a box from the post office waiting for me. I was so excited when I opened it and found this inside. Right after I lost Juanito I asked The Schuyler Blanket Blanket Project to make this Afghan for my husband! I have had so much support that I thought it would be nice to have something made just for him. I was going to wait to give it to him for Father's Day, but I really want to display it no, so he will get it tonight when he gets back from working out of town.

I just want to thank all of those who donated their time in making this blanket. These squares come from all over the world. I absolutely love it and I know there will be many days and nights that Juan and I use this blanket to keep us warm!


This last square was made by Tannamy, Schuylers mom. She had decorated Schuyler's room in ladybugs, so she knits a ladybug square for each afghan. I LOVEIT!!!

5 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    That is completely awesome!! And I love the fact that the squares were each done by individuals from all over and then put together. How special it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat! He'll love it!

    ReplyDelete