Friday, May 21, 2010

Oprah

If you have experienced a loss you have probably experienced being SILENCED as well. All of us BabyLossParents are writing to Oprah in hopes she will air a show on babyloss and how to console parents in mourning.THIS is not contagious,THIS is a tragedy. No race, religion or creed is exempt from this pain. POST THIS if you or someone you love experienced a loss. Please help us bring awareness. CLICK BELOW for Oprah's link www.oprah.com/ownshow/plug_form.htm...

Many of us are posting this on our Facebook pages. Please if you have experienced a loss take 5 minutes and go to the link. It seriously only took me 5 minutes and I would love to see this as a topic on her show. This is her last season, so this is our last chance. Lets get the word out and teach the general public about babyloss.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Michelle!!! I have had such a great response from friends and family who have experienced this loss THROUGH me and they all were more than happy to do this for us...its a good feeling to know we are trying to be heard...who knows if this will work or not...but im sure that we will one day NOT feel silenced...Im concerned that Oprah may shun the show in order to not have to talk about her own loss..she had a stillborn very young (14 or 15 yrs old) so I think SHE would have to stop her own silence...its worth a try..on my end we have sent 6 letters already :) KEEP IT GOING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that a few months ago...I dont know how long it takes to hear anything back...but I have not yet! :( boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a few months back somewhere that as a very young teen Oprah had a stillborn son. I am not sure if that is even true as there is so much false info out there. I think this is a great idea. I love Oprah. She is such a huge inspiration. I would be so beside myself if she did a show on babyloss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did it! :) My letter is posted in BBC. I think it would be awesome if she actually addressed it on her show. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete