Monday, May 24, 2010

We have a winner!!!

Talisa Foster-Edmondson left me a comment on my facebook page. She guessed an Oriole and because I'm not 100% sure if our bird is and Oriole or a Warbler, I'm going to give it to her!!!

So, Juanito has decided that he would like a greenish/yellowish bird to represent him. I'm OK with that and I actually like the idea of him being my baby bird who has taken flight!

This is a picture of a Warbler, but our bird also looks like an oriole (I can't decide between the 2). The one that has been hanging out at our house looks just like this one other than it's colors are brighter. I have never seen a bird like this around our area before. I like to think my little guy brought him just for me!!!

So Talisa email or message me your address and I will get your prize out to you!

6 comments:

  1. I guessed bird so I at least had the right animal! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Talisa! I was thinking a hummingbird or maybe a chickadee, I was in the right species at least LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't give very many clues, so you guys did great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Talisa you BEAT ME, congratulations!!! I am such a sore loser!! Michelle, i am NOT surprised at this at all...GO to papryusonline.com and their logo is a hummingbird and read the meaning for them...its very sweet...I also think of Alyssa with hummingbirds and Nicole got a tattoo for Alyssa and chose a hummingbird and butterfly...The tattoo artist had told us a lot of what "alyssa" was telling him and she loved hummingbirds crazy right?? I cant believe i didnt put it first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was TOTALLY off! What a pretty bird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I was totally off too...but think it really would be amazing if it was an oriole--especially as I live in the land of them!!!

    ReplyDelete