Monday, September 13, 2010

Question #1

Sarita Boyette was my first to respond to the question post and her question is: How has blogging helped your heart after Juanito's passing? I know it has helped me tremendously, even just to read what other's have to say on their blogs.

Sarita that is a very good question. I was a family blogger before I lost Juanito, so I was very familiar to the blogging scene, but I do not have any friends IRL that have lost babies. That is until 1 month prior to me losing Juanito a cousin of mine lost a baby boy around 18 weeks (Megan you can correct me if I am wrong.) So I figured that I needed to leave my family blog as a family blog and make a blog just for Juanito. It would not be fare to my other children if I allowed this grief to take away from those I have here with me. One day one of my readers left me a comment with URls to a few babyloss blogs and from there my eyes were opened to a whole new world. There were 100's of women who were just like me and knew exactly what I was going through that blogged about it. I could ask questions, get feedback on situations and just plain know I was not alone. It has helped to have a place just for me to vent and talk about my loss openly. Well and to know that those reading understand me. They know how difficult this is and they are not quick to judge in this world. Things that are not normal in the "real world" are completely normal here and that has helped so much. So Sarita I don't know if that is the answer you are looking for, but in all honesty blogging has saved my life. It has been the therapy I have needed.

P.S. I am still in need of some more questions!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad blogging has helped you and me, as well as many many others. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't be where I am in my grief journey if weren't for blogging.

    ReplyDelete