Thursday, September 16, 2010

Question #4

My next question comes form Carleigh's mom Holly. She asked, What is your favorite way to remember your son?

Holly you had to choose a hard one for me. I honestly do not know my favorite way. I LOVE to see his name written places by my fellow BLMs. That always brings a huge smile to my face.
The way that has been the most healing for me has been to have started Juanito's Wish. When my cousin lost her baby boy the hospital she delivered at did nothing for her. No prints, molds, pictures, blankets, name card, certificate of birth...... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! I do not blame the hospital for this and I don't think she does either. They just had not been trained on the different ways they could honor babies for their parents and ease so of the pain with going home empty handed. So with the help of my mom, my cousin and a few other ladies we have set up a program for that hospital and one about 30 miles away. Volunteers have made baby blankets, clothes and micro wraps. I purchased memory boxes, and many items to place in the box and my mom began educating herself and the staff on what they can do for Babyloss families. I was able to donate my first 2 boxes to the hospital about a month ago and I hope to have 8 more ready by Juanito's first birthday (I have posted pictures on the Juanito's wish link.) I will also be going down to the next nurses staff meeting and doing a presentation of Do's and Don'ts, comforting, and share my experience about my loss.
Well now that I have got it all written down, I think this is probably my favorite way to remember him. We are doing good in his name and to me that is the best way to remember him!!!


4 comments:

  1. What a great way to remember your son! I love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great way. Love it so much. You are so special.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;)

    I think what you are doing in honor of Juanito is awesome. I'm sure so many families will benefit from the work you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the most beautiful way to remember Juanito.

    ReplyDelete