Monday, November 29, 2010

11 months

11 months ago today I said goodbye to my sweet angel! I still miss him just as much as I did that day. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him and wonder what life would be like if he were here. My other kids still talk about him and ask questions too. I love that they haven't forgotten either. Last night Adriana asked if I thought he would be walking by now and I said probably pulling himself up to the couch and I was saddened at the thought of never getting to share in those kinds of memories with my son, but I have different memories with him that I cherish very much.
We celebrated our first Thanksgiving without him this past weekend. I was so nervous about how I would deal with it. I was scared to death about the comments that would or wouldn't be made. My family was great to take into consideration my feelings when asking questions or making comments about different things. They really did a great job at making me feel "better" These next 4 weeks are going to be rough as we go through this holiday season without our baby, but apparently I have an amazing support group out there and I am very thankful to have them. It has been this baby loss community that has gotten me to where I am today.



5 comments:

  1. I feel the same about the BL Community. As devastating as it is that there are so many of us, it has been a great comfort to have you and so many other caring women support me. Without you all I am not quite sure where my head and heart would be today.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Michelle, my heart goes out to you. The holidays are rough, even as time passes. I'm glad your family helped you through Thanksgiving. We are blessed to have a great BLM community, though I wish it didn't have to exist. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart....I know it hurts you so much....but reading about Adriana asking about him is just so heartbreaking. It's hard for adults to pretend to comprehend...I feel so badly for the siblings.
    Keeping you lifted!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♥ Juantio ♥
    Hoping you can get through this next month with God's comfort and peace

    ReplyDelete