Thursday, January 27, 2011

Computer crashed.... Feeling like I lost him!

So a few days ago my work computer crashed. I didn't realize how much I used the dang thing. I called tech. support and they came and picked it up. They are so back logged that it is taking them 2-3 months to repair them and get them back. I was so freaked because I didn't know how I was going to prepare for my upcoming maternity leave. That was the only thing on my mind. Then the tech showed up today with it in hand! I was over the moon. She said she told the repair guy about my situation and he repaired it on the spot!

Then reality hit me.... I LOST EVERYTHING!!! I am still praying that they will be able to recover it. I don't care how long it takes. I had 100's of pictures on that hard drive! The majority I am positive I have back ups of, but there were many of Juanito's name and different pictures that had been made for me that I am not sure if I have a back up of. I feel as if a part of him was lost all over again. Part of his stuff might be lost. Oh I pray that the tech will be able to recover HIS file! I don't care if I have to start from scratch on everything else. I need HIS file to be there and be safe. I need for them to be able recover HIM. I need what I have left of HIM safe!!! I will never make the mistake of not double and triple backing up again. If they can recover my pictures I will make sure to email them and hard copy them!

I JUST HOPE THEY CAN DO IT!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh God Sweetheart!! i'm so so sorry!! When we moved I lost a disk of Calypso's 1st week of life and it was hell. It felt like she'd died all over.

    I pray they can get everything back.

    Please also if you haven't yet, get an external drive of some sort, this is what I use now

    ReplyDelete